Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 March 2015

The beginning

I had a bit of wake up call recently.

Music.  It's always been a big thing for me.  Always.

So I've been making some connections recently.  I love Phil Collins - always have.  I also love Genesis.  And Mike and the Mechanics.  More recently Paul Carrack.  And Peter Gabriel too  - coincidence?  I think not!

I can remember listening to a Genesis gig live in 1986.  I swore it was on Radio One but I may have been mistaken.  I can remember 'feeling' the depth of its music.  I searched for it this morning but instead found the entire DVD on YouTube.  Oh my!!  All my Christmases came at once!

Anyway, I've been looking into Peter Gabriel - I just love 'Don't Give Up' (subject of my another post).  It seems he's quite local to me.  And he was also one of the founder members of WOMAD which has always fascinated me.  Guess what?  It's staged in Malmesbury, Wiltshire - just up the road.  And coincidentally I met a friend for coffee in Malmesbury recently too.

And Genesis?  What does that mean to me?  The beginning...   LOL.  Yup - that would be it.  The start of something big!!

Oh gosh, I think I'm in heaven right now :)

Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment